Monday, September 9, 2013

MATC, the first step on the Code Road.

   Years ago if you had told me I would end up working the same type of job I had in High School I would had laughed in your face, probably made some crude remark, and dismissed you for a complete idiot. Well, how things can change in a moment in an ultrasound room. Once the determination that the life of my first son was in jeopardy a decision had to be made, and plans set aside. Thus began a headfirst plunge into the realm of unskilled labor, minimal pay, and some of the best benefits a person could ask for to aid in saving this tiny life. This road however just leads on and on going nowhere. As rough as that road has been and the obstacles that had to be overcome it was time to chose a new path.

  After putting life on hold which path does one take? The original road once desired has long since overgrown, still there, still beckoning, but to cut some new ruts and travel there is just not a reasonable choice for the time being. Standing at the forks gazing, the Code Road seems a logical answer. Being no stranger to the Code Road and having wandered onto it ever since grade school it always seemed a place of comfort. It was once a path I looked down but passed by.  Cold logic, problem solving, non-box thinking, a real endeavor that can grind the gears of the brain like non other. Then there, MATC, an old friend who had thought me so much in the past and still has so much to offer in so many different arenas stands. There is little like a comfortable face that can set a person at ease when entering new territory. As I dust off the gears in my head and wrestling it from the atrophy of the mind-numbing  years of unskilled labor, MATC gives a nod and the first steps are taken onto the road. Thus begins a new chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment